A freelance musician, composer, and passionate educator from Pittsburgh, Jesse is a dedicated supporter of the fine arts. In addition to world class experience as a percussionist, he has accumulated a uniquely diverse background that includes competitive athletics, dance, visual design, and theater.
Jesse currently serves as an active duty Marine musician with the "The Commandant's Own" United States Marine Drum and Bugle Corps. In December of 2016, he earned the title of United States Marine and currently resides at Marine Barracks Washington, D.C. as a snare drummer for the corps. He is honored and beyond grateful to have the rare opportunity to serve while also promoting his passion for music and the marching arts.
Jesse is a proud alumni of the Indiana University of Pennsylvania Department of Music, studying and performing among many talented musicians and professors. In addition to studying the fine percussive arts under both Dr. Michael Kingan and Dr. Ronald Horner, Jesse's training includes over 3 years of world class marching percussion under the expert instruction of Rob Ferguson - director of Matrix Performing Arts, writer, designer, and educator. Jesse's active participation in collegiate marching bands, Winter Guard International and Drum Corps International ensembles has provided countless opportunities for competitions and performance tours across the United States, Belgium, Canada, and Switzerland.
Available as a composer, arranger, performer, private lesson teacher, and academic clinician, Jesse is eager to work and collaborate with students, artists, and musicians of all kinds to explore avenues of creativity and promote music education.
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 2015: B.A. Music - Percussion
- Community College of Allegheny County, 2011: A.S. Civil Engineering - CADD Cert.
- Percussion lessons/ clinics: 2010 - present
- Brentwood HS Marching Band: instructor/ writer, 2010, 2014, 2015
- Keystone Oaks HS Marching Band: instructor/ writer, 2015
- Saltsburg HS Marching Band: instructor/ clinician/ writer, 2012-2014
- North Allegheny HS Marching Band: instructor/ writer, 2012- 2015
- North Allegheny Indoor Percussion: instructor/ tech, 2011- 2015
- University of Pittsburgh Marching Band: instructor/ writer/ arranger, 2012- 2015
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania Marching Band: percussion tech/ clinician/ consultant, 2013-2015
- Matrix Performing Arts: instructor/asst. visual choreographer, 2013
- General Butler Vagabonds Drum and Bugle Corps: percussion coordinator, 2015
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania Indoor Percussion Ensemble: adj. instructor/ drill & visual designer, 2016
- Mt. Lebanon HS Marching Band: instructor/ tech, 2016
- Capital City Percussion: adj. instructor/ tech, 2017 season
* All clearances (FBI, Child Abuse, & PA Criminal Background Check) are obtained and up to date.
- University of Pittsburgh Marching Band: (cymbals, snare) 2008-2010
- Elements Indoor Percussion Ensemble: (synthesizer, snare) 2009, 2010
- IUP "Legend" Marching Band: (snare) 2011-2012
- Glassmen Drum and Bugle Corps, DCI: (snare) 2011
- Matrix Performing Arts, WGI: (snare) 2011, 2012
- IUP Percussion Ensemble, Concert Band, Symphonic Winds, Symphony Band, & Orchestra: (percussionist) 2012- 2015
- United States Marine Drum & Bugle Corps: (snare) 2017-Present